Every now and then, specially when I find myself looking for a photo for #ThrowbackThursdays I end up traveling memory lane.
I like to see photos that we have carefully collected, prints and scans. Often I end up ordering prints of old and new photos, somehow to help me “grab” memories” before they go away.
These above and below are scans from tiny negatives from my dad’s photos, and oh so valuable. Little tiny negatives became so valuable when life found us grown up .
Running around in the beach, and our little car packed to the top for an adventure. These memories feel warm and so real, like watching a favorite movie. I am so grateful my parents took us out and about, in the smallest and the biggest adventures, even more, that we had a way to preserve some of these memories in film.
Here are a few moments where photos reconnect us to our memories:
- Framing and hanging photos in a new house
- Looking through the old photo albums of your spouse
- Going through your parents wedding photos
- Looking at your childhood photos with your siblings
- Creating a photo gift for a grandparent
- Looking for a photo of a no longer present uncle or grandparent
I love being a life photographer, because I feel I am helping “grab” these memories before they slipped away. Your legacy , my legacy, is in our memories.
We are just made of memories and our legacy is made of the memories we share.