Here is an useful Map with these locations !
Parks and Gardens
Flowers and greens are always a gorgeous backdrop! They are great for a casual date night / photoshoot ! Depending on the season some parks around the city have roses, others sunflowers or gorgeous trees. A blurred fountain in the back works wonders when your style is both romantic and stylish.
9. Summit Ave (St Paul)
11. Red Wing (1 Hour drive)
12. Duluth (2 Hours Drive)
If your neighborhood is as special as Summit Ave in the Fall, don’t hesitate to take your photos there! Other neighborhoods could be fun during other seasons if there are colorful buildings, cute stores or a charming downtown.
13. Lake Superior (2 Hours + drive)
14. Taylor Falls InterState Park (1 Hour drive)
Prairies and fields
There is something so absolutely romantic about having your couples session in tall grass surrounded by lots of greens! Maybe add a few city lights in the far distance and some sunset colors ? 🙂 Dreamy!
16. Dodge Nature Center
Please keep in mind your permits for nature centers!
In the land of ten thousand lakes you will for sure have a wonderful time catching the sunset around the lake. Or even the sunrise!
16. Lake Harriet
17. Lake Bde Mka Ska
18. Lake of the Isles
19. Lake Nokomis
20. Lake Minnetonka
22. Mill City Ruins
25. St. Anthony Main
26. Indian Mounds Regional Park (St Paul)
28. At home
While I loves shooting outdoors, I also have a soft spot for cozy indoors at-home sessions. Being in your own surrounding is a great way to get comfortable and cuddly in front of the camera.
Theater and Museums
I like both the non-traditional setting and the indoor protection that museums and theaters provide! Choose fun outfits that make you look (and feel!) like you are going on a date.
32. Walker Art Center
Coffee Shops , Wine Shops and Breweries
33. Wild Mind
35. Surly Brewery
Most breweries will let you shoot some photos in there if you have a couple of beers! Coffee shops might too, but make sure to ask !
36. Tree Farms like Hansen Tree Farm
38. Pumpkin Patches
39. Minnesota Arboretum during the seasons
40. Any City parks during the seasons
I love hunting a new engagement location idea, so here are some other fun ones:
41. Go to the State Fair or any Carnival !
42 . Go to Como Conservatory
43. Go to the Zoo or Aquarium
43. Play around with a vintage car
44. Find a meadow of flowers or sunflowers!
45. Do some cool Twin Cities Murals
46. Shoot in a rooftop
47. Go swimming in a river or lake
48. Go camping and/ or have a fire fire
49. Go for ice cream at Izzys
50. and whatever rocks your boat! (hmmmm maybe a boat session? )
Engagement location tips
- Tip#1: Is there a common theme to your dates? Do you like to try new restaurants or frequent state parks?
- Tip#2: Are there any spots significant to your relationship? Photos against a skyline of the city you both call home are a great memory for both. Did you meet somewhere in particular or did your proposal in a cute place ?
- Tip#3: While engagement location is key, don’t let this decision stress you out! I will have a pocket of suggestions (your photographer will too!). Ask them for favorites they like to do, or even ones they have been wanting to shoot at!
Is good to always check if permits are required, which in most cases they are!